Recipe for Aloo Parathas
Aloo Parathas – (Indian flat bread stuffed with boiled potatoes) is one of the most popular Indian breakfast recipes. I categorized this as a side dish, but if you add a salad or some veggies on the side, this could easily be a main dish.
- 3 medium sized potatoes, boiled
- ½ tsp Kashmiri or normal red mirch
- ¼ tsp dry mango (amchur) powder
- ½ tsp fresh green coriander, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required, for cooking parathas
- Dough made from whole-wheat flour, with ½ tsp of salt added to it
Boil the potatoes. Peel, chop and mash them.
Add all the spice powder, green chilies & salt.
Take a portion of the potato mixture and stuff it in the rolled dough.
Press the stuffed dough gently to flatten it.
Roll the flattened dough (don’t press too hard) into 6-7” circle.
Heat a tawa (frying pan) and place the rolled dough on hot pan.
Add oil and cook by flipping on both sides, until golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney or raita (yogurt & cucumber sauce).
Here is a video that shows how to make vegan aloo parathas.