This curry with yogurt is inspired from a north Indian delicacy which is traditionally made by mixing yogurt with gram flour and adding fried dumplings when it reaches soupy consistency. My recipe is made with yogurt without gram flour and lots of veggies to make it healthy. You can add your choice of vegetables to it. This recipe is so flexible that you can enjoy this as a soup or a full meal with rice and/or an Indian flatbread such as Naan or Roti.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 carrots, sliced/chopped
- 8-10 baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 zucchini, chopped/sliced
- 3-4 red radish, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion, sliced
- ginger, 1 small piece
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander/green onion stalks for garnish
- Heat oil in pan and add onion, ginger and spices, Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini and red radish, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and water, cook on a slow flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander or green onion stalks.
- Serve warm with rice/bread.
You can also add a little scraped coconut to give it a different flavor.