Robert’s Vegetarian White Bean & Sage Crostini
Crostini is a popular Italian appetizer featuring thin slices of toasted bread served plain or topped with a wide range of sweet or savory toppings.
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons really good extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh sage, washed and finely chopped
- 1 baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚
- To prepare the crostini, slice the baguette into ¼” slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and toast in the preheated oven until golden brown. You may need to turn the baking sheet or flip the slices to get uniform results.
- Add garlic, cannellini beans, lemon juice and olive oil to food processor and pulse until mixture is coarsely combined. If necessary, add more olive oil to achieve the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in chopped sage until evenly distributed throughout mixture. Spoon on top of toasted bread slices and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.